Friday night was one of those nights where I came home after working all week and just wanted something simple and good. We had been to Costco the previous weekend and bought lots of yummy things. So I perused the fridge and found all the makings for spaghetti with a twist.
Here we go:
- Half a pound of lean hamburger meat
- 1 large onion diced (because nothing in our house gets made without)
- 5 or 6 small colorful bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper diced ( we had bought a sack full at Costco)
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes-drained (14.5 oz)
- 1 small can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of minced garlic ( two garlic breaths cancel each other out)
- 2 tablespoons Johnny’s Garlic Spread Seasoning ( we find ours at Costco but you could just use Italian seasoning)
- Pasta of choice to eat sauce over
First I chopped all my veggies up nothing fancy just get them chopped. Then I sautéed the meat, onion, garlic and peppers in a pan sprayed with PAM till the meat was browned. Then I added the drained can of fire roasted tomatoes and tomato sauce. Then add in your seasoning and let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Really just let it simmer until the pasta gets done and you can’t take it anymore before you must have a huge plate of goodness. Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!
You may be asking yourself what the twist was but the fire roasted tomatoes added such a nice deep flavor to the sauce. It made it seem as though the sauce had been simmering away all day.
Peace, Love and Meatballs,