Sorry it has been a while since I posted but I have been super busy. This recipe was found on The Pioneer Woman’s blog and I changed it up a bit to suit us.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups of thin egg noodles (they look like the noodles in chicken noodle soup out of a can)
- 1/2 cup sour cream ( I used fat-free but you use what ever blows your skirt up)
- 1 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese ( Again I used fat-free)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese ( I used 2% cheese because I refuse to use fat-free cheese. I don’t care what Weight Watcher says I will not use that cardboard and call it cheese)
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the fat if not using extra lean ground beef, then add tomato sauce. Add salt and plenty of black pepper to this because it is your only seasoning. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients. Cook the egg noodles, drain and then add in the sour cream, cottage cheese and lots more black pepper.
To assemble, pour your noodle mixture on the bottom of a sprayed 9×13 casserole dish. Then top the noodles with the meat mixture and top that with the cup of cheese. At this point I let my casserole come to room temp and refrigerated it for dinner one night this week. If you want to eat it right then, pop that baby into a 350 degree oven and let it cook for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling around the edges.
Peace, Love and super simple dinners