This morning I was feeling the need to bake something. So as I opened the pantry I saw peaches sitting there just asking to be made into a cobbler. I dug out Granny Lucy’s Peach Cobbler recipe and knew that was just what we needed today.
After it came out the oven I couldn’t help but be brought back to a many Friday night sitting at her kitchen table playing Scrabble. As you see in the picture I even had to use the bowls she used to serve it in.
Here is the recipe that I know all of you that are family will be so glad to see:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a 8×8 pan with Pam
- Open 2 cans of peaches or 6 fresh peaches sliced and arrange in bottom of pan
- Take 5 slices of loaf bread, cut crust off and cut bread into 5 strips
- Cover peaches with the bread
- Mix: 1 stick melted butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1 egg that has been beaten
- Pour over bread and peaches
- Bake for 35 minutes
Let sit on counter for about 10 minutes to allow the filling to sit up.
Scoop out and enjoy!
Peaches, Memories and Love,